Dear Friends and Supporters,
As we observe National Child Abuse Prevention Month, it’s important for us to remember that child abuse and neglect continue to be significant problems in our society. The impact of abuse on children can be devastating, and it is our responsibility as individuals and as a community to prevent it from happening, and to take steps to mitigate the effects on those who have been abused.
Since 1998, The S.A.F.E Kids program at the Center for Family Services has aimed to reduce the impact of child abuse within PBC. Providing over 135,000 hours of therapy since its start, the S.A.F.E. Kids program works with children and their families that have experienced child abuse in hopes of changing the cycle and promoting a healthy future. Learn more about our S.A.F.E. kids program. You can also donate to support our work.
Child abuse can take many forms, including physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect. Unfortunately, many cases of child abuse go unreported, and the effects can last well into adulthood. As an organization, beyond the direct services we provide, we do our part to raise awareness and take action to prevent child abuse. As friends and supporters of the Center, we ask that you act as well.
Here’s how you can help:
- Educate yourself and your friends and colleagues about the signs and symptoms of child abuse, and how to report it (see the links below).
- If you are an employer, create a safe and supportive environment for children and families by promoting policies and practices that prioritize their well-being.
- Advocate for laws and policies that protect children from abuse and neglect.
- Support the Center for Family Services of Palm Beach County in our work to prevent child abuse and to provide vital resources, such as counseling and support services, to help children and families heal from the trauma of abuse.
- Share this email with a friend or acquaintance.
Please use this month as an opportunity to renew your commitment to preventing child abuse and creating a safe and nurturing environment for all children. Together, we can make a difference in the lives of the most vulnerable members of our community.
Todd L’Herrou, CEO
How to Report Suspected Child Abuse:
Florida Abuse Reporting:
National Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting information:
How to Recognize Signs and Symptoms of Abuse or Neglect:
Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect: Signs and Symptoms:
Preventing child Abuse and neglect:
Center for Family Services has been providing mental health services and education to children, adults and families since 1961. Our clients are some of the most vulnerable in the community due to their age, gender, and socioeconomic status. Donations are a crucial means to their mental well-being. On their behalf, thank you for your support.
To learn more about our programs, visit our Programs page.