FSLA Classification- Exempt
Support Staff personnel will be responsible for a number of roles within the organization including, but not limited to, opening and closing the office, greeting clients, answering telephones, receiving medical records requests, processing medical records, assisting the Billing department, assisting the Intake department, assisting the PQI Manager. Support Staff will implement company policies; and provide clients, staff, and community partners with excellent customer service. The individual in this role will work with all entities of the organization—managerial, clinical, administrative, and other support staff. They will provide excellent communication, they will exhibit utmost professionalism, they will honor all HIPAA and PHI confidentiality needs, and they will be seated at the center of the clinic’s daily operations. This individual reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer, however, they may be delegated tasks under the Direction of the Intake Coordinator, the PQI Manager, the Insurance biller, and/ or the Director of Counseling Services, and/ or the Chief Executive officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in health, behavioral, or statistical science, or related field of study, obtained from an Accredited College or University.
- Experience in organizations who service medical populations, children and/or families, or provide other mental health, behavioral health, or other social-services.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization, preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Welcoming disposition
- Excellent customer care and service
- Ability to multi-task and focus while in a busy office setting
- Detail-oriented and data-oriented
- Strong problem-solving and organizational abilities
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Technical proficiency with multiple electronic data bases and applications
- Able to pass a background check and fingerprinting through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement
- Able to legally work in the United States
- Opens office by 8am on weekdays and/ or closes office by 6pm (Monday-Thursday), 4pm (Friday).
- Answers telephones politely and helpfully; and answers questions about Center for Family Services of Palm Beach County Inc.
- Maintains professional demeanor and boundaries, and follows all applicable HIPAA and Confidentiality policies
- Greets clients and helps answers client questions with sensitivity
- Retrieves and responds to voicemail, answering service, and fax machine messages
- Notifies staff of a client’s or visitor’s arrival and departure
- Updates client information in database/ EMR (Kipu)
- Schedules return appointments for clients, as needed
- Collects payments for clients, as needed; and posts to correct account
- Confirms upcoming client appointments by phone
- Balances daily cash receipts and prepares deposits
- Maintains a clean and orderly waiting room
- Requests assistance at the front desk area, as needed
- Complies with all department, agency, and state and federal policies and procedures
- May be asked to assist clinicians with intake paperwork completion
- May be asked to help complete a Release of Information form for clinician
- May be asked to perform other case management-like duties at Supervisor request
- Ensure all information entered into database and EMR system is accurate and current
- Contact external agencies for collaborative information, as needed
- Submit documentation to the accounts receivable/ accounts payable personnel for processing timely payments by providers
- May be asked to assist with Waitlist management
- May be asked to call clients on the Waitlist periodically
- May be asked to assist with insurance billing
- May be asked to assist with data entry and/or analysis related to PQI projects
- May be asked to assist the grant writer
- May be asked to assist with Community Outreach projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
- On-time to work each day
- Communications are clear, prompt, and pleasant
- Documentation is handled with care and confidentiality
- HIPAA/PHI confidentiality is maintained
- Trainings are passed and completed on-time
- Support Staff meetings are attended
- Client records are maintained adequately
- Professionalism is demonstrated
- Demonstrates a knowledge of agency programs and services
- Is aware of the agency’s role in promoting physical, social, and emotional well-being of families, children and individuals who live in the communities served
- Is knowledgeable of and adheres to all local, state, and federal rules governing practice of mental health services
- Is respectful, appropriate, and courteous when interacting with professional and office staff, both in and outside the agency.
- Displays knowledge of cultural competency
- Works as a valued team member achieving Center for Family Services mission and objectives
- Displays sensitivity to clients served
- Maintains a collaborative working alliance with other service providers
HIPAA Security Level
- Compliant with all HIPAA regulations and agency policies and procedures regarding client confidentiality.
CULTURAL SENSITIVITY STATEMENT
Work with multi-cultural individuals and groups in achieving Center for Family Services missions and objectives, and is sensitive to each individual and groups cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Any interested persons should email their resume to Dawn Silver, COO, at email@example.com