The Development Associate will play an integral role in assisting with all fundraising activities for Center for Family Services of Palm Beach County (CFS). The Development Associate is responsible for all administrative aspects of development and communication activities. The person in this role will provide support for all fundraising activities including special events, communications, marketing, donor relations, direct appeals, campaigns, and grant writing for CFS. The Development Associate will work collaboratively with all entities of the organization—managerial, clinical, administrative, and other support staff—as it related to internal and external communications for the agency. They will provide excellent communication and will exhibit the utmost professionalism by honoring all HIPAA confidentiality needs of clients. The Development Associate will be seated at the center of daily fundraising and development operations. This individual reports directly to the Director of Special Events, however, there may be delegated tasks under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Maintain donor databases and prepare reports.
- Set-up computer mail merges for all mailings, including invitations, correspondence, and other special lists.
- Updates donor and grant information in database.
- Schedules and confirms donor relation appointments development staff.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence when necessary.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
- Maintain foundation, corporation, and individual donor files.
- Assist with mailings, including, letters, newsletters, campaigns, annual appeals, and annual reports.
- Assist with coordination of special fundraising events. This includes planning, budgeting, marketing, public relations and management of event personnel and vendors.
- Accurately maintain invitation, committee, donor, sponsorship, attendee and auction databases.
- Work with event Director and event committee to ensure all facets of the event are coordinated.
- Provide hands-on support at events, including recruiting volunteers as needed.
- Prepare press releases and media materials for distribution.
- Maintain updated media contact list and provide support for media related inquiries.
- Create social media posts and maintain social media outlets.
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Maintain development meeting minutes
- Provide communications support (editing, proofreading, etc. of marketing/communications materials).
- Update and maintain foundation database.
- Prepare acknowledgement and update letters as well as other correspondence when necessary.
- Provide grant support (editing, proofreading, mailings, etc.).
- Research information for grant reports and updates.
Other duties as assigned.
- Communications are clear and well written
- Development staff meetings are attended
- Donor records are maintained adequately
- Professionalism is demonstrated
- Demonstrates a knowledge of agency programs and services
- Is respectful, appropriate, and courteous when interacting with prospective donors, both in and outside the agency.
- Works as a valued team member achieving Center for Family Services mission and objectives
- Displays sensitivity to clients served
- Maintains a collaborative working alliance with agency staff
- Success in maintaining accuracy of database records
- Success in improving and maintaining communications and social media
- A degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Hospitality, Journalism or other related field from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience is preferred in marketing, public relations, fundraising or development.
- Exceptional written/oral communication skills.
- Outstanding computer skills; proficient in all programs of MS Office.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented, organized and set able to prioritize.
- Ability to form positive relationships with staff, clients, donors and the community.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization, preferred.
- Excellent customer service professional demeanor.
- Able to pass a background check and fingerprinting through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
CULTURAL SENSITIVITY STATEMENT
Work with multi-cultural individuals and groups in achieving Center for Family Services missions and objectives, and is sensitive to each individual and groups cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
Director of Special Events
Any interested persons should email their resume to Kristen Bardin, at email@example.com