Accountant and Fiscal Manager
Founded in 1961 to provide affordable, quality counseling services for residents of Palm Beach County, Center Family Services embraces the philosophy that families should be the center of the community and in the center of every family should be a healthy connection. We are a family of caring professionals driven by the core values of commitment, quality, teamwork, pride and stewardship. Our Mission is strengthening individuals and families through behavioral health services and education.
The agency is looking to recruit an Accountant to join its team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to assisting with or performing:
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Preparation for annual audits and site visits
- Preparation of monthly reimbursements, and monitoring of contracts
- Preparation of Agency and Program budgets
- Monitoring and tracking of budgets and service fee contracts
- Financial analysis as needed
- Billing and collection e.g. EAP, Medicaid, Medicare, Insurance and Victims Compensation
- Reconciliation of subsidiary ledger to general ledger
- Reviewing and processing invoices and check request. Resolving discrepancies
- Posting cash receipts
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Processing of payroll
- Reconciliation of Petty Cash
- HR Responsibilities
- Any other duties, as may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or other business-related field.
- Experience performing the duties included in this job description
- Previous experience using accounting and related software e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to form relationships and work cooperatively with multiple levels of staff and management
- Ability to organize time and set priorities.
- Must be able to work with multi-cultural individuals and groups in achieving The Center for Family Services missions and objectives, and be sensitive to each individual and groups cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
Experience: Recommend a minimum of seven years’ experience, with a minimum of five years of appropriate administrative experience.
Reporting Structure: Reports to CFO
CULTURAL SENSITIVITY STATEMENT
Work with multi-cultural individuals and groups in achieving Center for Family Services’ mission and objectives and be sensitive to each individual and group’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
Position comes with insurance, dental, 401(k), holidays & sick/vacation/PTO. Salary DOE
Please send resume to Erik Kopelman, CPA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Center for Family Services does not discriminate in any employment opportunities or practices or on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by law.